Hi Dan,

Can you describe what you are trying to recover from with more details
because we can't quite follow what steps might have lead to this
scenario.

For example, your hdc pool had two disks, c1t0d0s0 and c8t1d0s0,
and your rpool has c8t0d0s0 so s8t0d0s0 cannot be wiped clean.

Maybe you mean c8t1d0s0 is now relabeled (with labelfix) and
reconnected for hdc but c1t0d0s0 is still corrupted so the hdc pool
cannot be re-imported is my guess...

Thanks,

Cindy