--- On Thu, 1/7/10, Tiernan OToole <lsmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to hijack the thread, but can you
> explain your setup? Sounds interesting, but need more
> info...

This is just a home setup to amuse me and placate my three boys, each of whom
has several Windows instances running under Virtualbox.

Server is a Sun v40z: quad 2.4 GHz Opteron with 16GB.  Internal bays hold a
pair of 73GB drives as a mirrored rpool and a pair of 36GB drives for spares to
the array plus a 146GB drive I use as cache to the usb pool (a single 320GB
sata drive).

The array is an HP MSA30 with 14x36GB drives configured as RAIDZ3 using the
spares listed above with auto snapshots as the tank pool. Tank is synchronized
hourly to the usb pool.

It's all connected via four HP 4000M switches (one at the server and one at
each workstation) which are meshed via gigabit fiber.

Two workstations are triple-head sunrays.

One station is a single sunray 150 integrated unit.

This is a work in progress with plenty of headroom to grow.  I started the
build in November and have less than $1200 into it so far.

Thanks for letting me hijack the thread by sharing!

Cheers,
Marty