On 31 Jan 2010, Jacob Ritorto wrote:
>    I spent *so* many hours looking for that firmware.� Would you
>    please post the link?� Did the firmware dl you found come with fcode?
>    Running blade 2000 here (SPARC).

        Well, I can't say for sure it's the right firmware for
your device.  I grabbed the LSI firmware from SuperMicro's FTP
site at:
---
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/LSI/1064_1068/IT/Firmware/B3/L8i/1.26.01/

which appears to be a little newer than even what I grabbed
before.

        I'm not familiar with fcode, so I can't say whether it
did.  The two things that actually flashed for me were the
firmware image for the 1068E itself and the MegaSAS BIOS/ROM
image.  Both version numbers changed once I had done the update.

        Now having said all of that, things look a bit flaky
still on my end.  I'm running a scrub which started earlier today
and seems to be hung.  I'm seeing a status of:
---
  pool: san
 state: ONLINE
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The pool can
        still be used, but some features are unavailable.
action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done, the
        pool will no longer be accessible on older software versions.
 scrub: scrub in progress for 20h16m, 21.68% done, 73h15m to go
config:

        NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        san          ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t5d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t6d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t7d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t8d0   ONLINE       0     0     0  2.69M repaired
            c7t9d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t10d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-1   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t11d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t12d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t13d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t14d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t15d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t16d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-2   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t17d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t18d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t19d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t20d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t21d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t22d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        spares
          c7t23d0    AVAIL
          c7t24d0    AVAIL
          c7t25d0    AVAIL

errors: No known data errors
---

and errors like this:
---
Jan 31 20:15:21 goliath scsi: [ID 243001 kern.warning] WARNING:
/p...@0,0/pci1002,5...@c/pci15d9,a...@0 (mpt0):
Jan 31 20:15:21 goliath         mpt_handle_event: IOCStatus=0x8000,
IOCLogInfo=0x31123000
Jan 31 20:15:23 goliath scsi: [ID 365881 kern.info]
/p...@0,0/pci1002,5...@c/pci15d9,a...@0 (mpt0):
Jan 31 20:15:23 goliath         Log info 0x31123000 received for target 13.
---

        With no problems at all, that scrub I don't think takes
nearly that long (I think it was less than 12 hours previously)
and the percentage is barely moving, although it is increasing.

        Even still, the exported volumes still appear to be
working via iSCSI for now, which is a plus.

--
Mark Nipper
ni...@bitgnome.net (XMPP)