Its Monday morning so it still doesn't make sense. :-)

I suggested putting the disks back because I'm still not sure if you
physically swapped c7t11d0 for c7t9d0 or if c7t9d0 is still connected
and part of your pool. You might trying detaching the spare as described in the docs. If you put the disks back to where they were, you could
just use zpool replace to swap the spare for a disk in the pool without
physically swapping a disk. ZFS does the work so you don't have to.

ZFS has recommended ways for swapping disks so if the pool is exported,
the system shutdown and then disks are swapped, then the behavior is
unpredictable and ZFS is understandably confused about what happened. It
might work for some hardware, but in general, ZFS should be notified of
the device changes.

You might experiment with the autoreplace pool property. Enabling this
property will allow you to replace disks without using the zpool replace command. If autoreplace is enabled, then physically swapping out an
active disk in the pool with a spare disk that is is also connected to
the pool without using zpool replace is a good approach.

Cindy