Very interesting stats -- thanks for taking the time and trouble to share
them!

One thing I found interesting is that the Gen 2 X25-M has higher write IOPS
than the X25-E according to Intel's documentation (6,600 IOPS for 4K writes
versus 3,300 IOPS for 4K writes on the "E"). I wonder if it'd perform better
as a ZIL? (The write latency on both drives is the same).

-marc