Hi,

I have a fileserver at home, where my household stores common data, like
downloaded content, pictures etc..

And once an hour I run a script that checks for new dirs  last 60
minutes matching some criteria, and outputs the path to an IRC-channel.
Where we can see if someone else has added new stuff.

Method used is "find -mmin -60", which gets horrible slow when more data
is added.

My question is if there exists some method I can get the same results
but based on events rather than seeking through everything once an hour.

Some kind of filesystem eventlog, or similar.

I rather new to solaris/zfs, so maybe there is an obvious answer to this
(I have tried google J)

--

Vidar