Nobody has any ideas?  It's still hung after work.

I wonder what it will take to stop the backup and export the pool?  Well,
that's nice; a straight "kill" terminated the processes, at least.

zpool status shows no errors. zfs list shows backup filesystems mounted.

zpool export -f is running...no disk I/O now...starting to look hung.

Ah, the zfs receive process is still in the process table.  kill -9 doesn't
help.

Kill and kill -9 won't touch the zpool export process, either.

Pulling the USB cable on the drive doesn't seem to be helping any either.

zfs list now hangs, but giving it a little longer just in case.

Kill -9 doesn't touch any of the hung jobs.

Closing the ssh sessions doesn't touch any of them either.

zfs list on pools other than bup-wrack works. zpool list works, and shows
bup-wrack.

Attempting to set failmode=continue gives an I/O error.

Plugging the USB back in and then setting failmode gives the same I/O error.

cfgadm -al lists known disk drives and usb3/9 as "usb-storage connected". I
think that's the USB disk that's stuck.

cfgadm -cremove usb3/9 failed "configuration operation not supported".

cfgadm -cdisconnect usb3/9 queried if I wanted to suspend activity, then failed
with "cannot issue devctl to ap_id: /devices/p...@0,0/pci10de,c...@2,1:9"

Still -al the same.

cfgadm -cunconfigure same error as disconnect.

I was able to list properties on bup-wrack:

bash-3.2$ zpool get all bup-wrack
NAME       PROPERTY       VALUE               SOURCE
bup-wrack  size           928G                -
bup-wrack  used           438G                -
bup-wrack  available      490G                -
bup-wrack  capacity       47%                 -
bup-wrack  altroot        /backups/bup-wrack  local
bup-wrack  health         UNAVAIL             -
bup-wrack  guid           2209605264342513453  default
bup-wrack  version        14                  default
bup-wrack  bootfs         -                   default
bup-wrack  delegation     on                  default
bup-wrack  autoreplace    off                 default
bup-wrack  cachefile      none                local
bup-wrack  failmode       wait                default
bup-wrack  listsnapshots  off                 default

It's not healthy, alright. And the attempt to set failmode really did fail.

I've been here before, and it has always required a reboot.

Other than setting failmode=continue earlier, anybody have any ideas?