On 02/11/10 08:15, taemun wrote:
Can anyone comment about whether the on-boot "Reading ZFS confi" is
any slower/better/whatever than deleting zpool.cache, rebooting and
manually importing?

I've been waiting more than 30 hours for this system to come up. There
is a pool with 13TB of data attached. The system locked up whilst
destroying a 934GB dedup'd dataset, and I was forced to reboot it. I
can hear hard drive activity presently - ie its doing
<b>something</b>, but am really hoping there is a better way :)

Thanks

This bug is closed as a dup of another bug which is not readable from the opensolaris site, (I'm not clear what makes some bugs readable and some not).

While trying to reproduce 6924390 (or its equivalent) yesterday, my system hung as yours did, and when I rebooted, it hung at "Reading ZFS config".

Someone who knows more about the root cause of this situation (i.e., the bug named above) might be able tell you what's going on and how to recover (it might be that what's going on is that the destroy has resumed and you have to wait for it to complete, which I think it will, but it might take a long time).

Lori