Hi Sanjeev

linking the application to the ARCSTAT_BUMP(arcstat_hits) is not
straightforward and time consuming especially if I am running many
experiments.

Brendan has commented on on the post by providing an alternative DTrace
script , here is his post ...
------------------
dtrace -n 'sdt:::arc-hit { @[execname] = count(); }'

Or to filter just on firefox:

 dtrace -n 'sdt:::arc-hit /execname == "firefox-bin"/ { @ = count(); }'

If neither of them work, it just means that that particular sdt provider
probe wasn't available, and we can get this information from using the fbt
provider instead.

Note: ZFS prefetch is pretty effective, so streaming reads from disk will
often
show up as arc hits since ZFS has put the data in cache before the
application
reads it.  Which is the intent.
I ran Brendan script while watching arcstat from kstat and notice great deal
of discrepancy in terms of cache hits & misses numbers between kstat &
Brendan's scrip. I am not sure exactly where 'sdt' probe collects the cache
hits information !!.

Any feed back ?

--
Abdullah Al-Dahlawi