On Thu, February 18, 2010 14:39, Cindy Swearingen wrote:

> Its a life-long curse to describe the format utility. Trust me. :-)

Oh, I believe it!  But thanks for confirming.

> I think you want to relabel some disks with an EFI label to SMI label
> to be used in your ZFS root pool, and you have overlapping slices
> on one disk. I don't think ZFS would let you attach this disk.
>
> To fix the overlapping slice problem and repartition this disk
> so that you can use it in a root rpool, review the steps here:
>
> http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/ZFS_Troubleshooting_Guide

Now, I wish that had come up in my searches (higher; I'm sure it was down
there somewhere).  I've heard of it, but didn't think of looking
specifically for it; I was looking generally for answers to my problem
(habit acquired since Alta Vista got pretty good way back when, getting
stronger every week).  Hmmm; apparently I needed to emphasize ZFS more in
my search (which I deliberately didn't do, figuring that a non-ZFS
explanation of labels would be just as good).  Oh well!

--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info