Am 19.02.10 21:29, schrieb Marion Hakanson:
felix.buenem...@googlemail.com said:
I think I'll try one of thise inexpensive battery-backed PCI RAM drives  from
Gigabyte and see how much IOPS they can pull.

Another poster, Tracy Bernath, got decent ZIL IOPS from an OCZ Vertex unit.
Dunno if that's sufficient for your purposes, but it looked pretty good
for the money.

I found the Hyperdrive 5/5M, which is a half-height drive bay sata ramdisk with battery backup and auto-backup to compact flash at power failure. Promises 65,000 IOPS and thus should be great for ZIL. It's pretty reasonable priced (~230 EUR) and stacked with 4GB or 8GB DDR2-ECC should be more than sufficient.

http://www.hyperossystems.co.uk/07042003/hardware.htm

Marion

- Felix