On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> you haven't demonstrated why the current capabilities are insufficient
> for your requirements.  it's a bit hard to offer advice for perceived
> problems other than "reconsider your perception".

I think I've made it pretty clear that I want to control access by ACL, and
not allow attempts to manipulate legacy mode bits to change the ACL, and
that given current capabilities it's difficult to impossible to do so. It
also seems clear from your responses you don't think that's an appropriate
goal to be seeking. If you can offer alternative mechanisms within the
current capability set that can achive that goal I'd love to hear them; but
claims that I wouldn't have a problem if I didn't consider the current
state of affairs to be a problem aren't particularly useful.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu