There isn't some syntax I'm missing to use wildcards in zfs list to list snapshots, is there? I find nothing in the man page, and nothing I've tried works (yes, I do understand that normally wildcards are expanded by the shell, and I don't expect bash to have zfs-specific stuff like that in it by default). Given that bash passes through wildcards that don't expand to anything (or you can always force it with quoting), zfs list *could* use those to filter the snapshot list; that would be convenient. In the meantime, I can split what the user enters at the "@" and use grep to filter the output from zfs list.

(I'm running 2009.06, which is based on snv_111b, so if this capability has appeared since then in some form, I'd really like to know; I'll be updating to the next stable release.)

--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info