I want to move my pool (consisting of five 1.5TB sata drives in raidz1) to a
different computer. I am encountering issues with controllers - the
motherboard (Asus P5BV-C/4L) has 8 sata ports: 4 on a marvell 88se6145,
which seems not to be supported at all; and 4 on intel 82801G, which uses
the pci-ide driver.
 I added a 4-port pci sata card, a Silicon Image 3114, which appeared to
work after updating its bios to identify itself as ide. it also uses the
pci-ide driver.

however, attempting to import the pool, it complains of corrupted data and
fails to import. moving the pool back to the previous computer (where they
are all on a Intel 82801JI SATA AHCI Controller, using ahci driver), the
pool is in fact just fine.

the size of the drives is 1500301910016 bytes. but, under both of the
pci-ide controllers, the size is appearing to be 1500295200768 bytes -
6,709,248 less. why would it be misreporting by over 6MB? Is there a way to
fix this? it doesn't seem to be the fault of either controller; I booted
into linux and it sees the drives as the correct size.

(as an aside, I am not sure how to properly get the size of the disk in
opensolaris, so I did that by reading from the disk's p0 device with dd
until I hit EOF. if anybody can tell me how to more easily get the size in
bytes, I'd appreciate that.)

-Ethan