On Wed, March 10, 2010 07:54, Svein Skogen wrote:

> Are there any good options for encapsulating/decapsulating a zfs send
> stream inside FEC (Forward Error Correction)? This could prove very
> useful both for backup purposes, and for long-haul transmissions.

I don't know of anything that would actually function as a filter.

In the absence of something better turning up, I'd write the stream to
disk, and then use PAR2 to create some redundant data for recover from
errors, up to whatever level you choose.  Obviously this approach doesn't
work if you don't have the space; since I think in terms of disks rather
than tapes for backups, that's not my issue.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info