Hi Grant,

I don't have a v240 to test but I think you might need to unconfigure
the disk first on this system.

So I would follow the more complex steps.

If this is a root pool, then yes, you would need to use the slice
identifier, and make sure it has an SMI disk label.

After the zpool replace operation and the disk resilvering is
complete, apply the boot blocks.

The steps would look like this:

# zpool offline rpool c2t1d0
#cfgadm -c unconfigure c1::dsk/c2t1d0
(physically replace the drive)
(confirm an SMI label and a s0 exists)
# cfgadm -c configure c1::dsk/c2t1d0
# zpool replace rpool c2t1d0s0
# zpool online rpool c2t1d0s0
# zpool status rpool /* to confirm the replacement/resilver is complete
# installboot -F zfs /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/zfs/bootblk
/dev/rdsk/c2t1d0s0

Thanks,

Cindy