On 03/11/10 03:21 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
Running b133

When you see this line in a `zpool status' report:

   status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk format.  The
         pool can still be used, but some features are unavailable.

Is it safe and effective to heed the advice given in next line:

   action: Upgrade the pool using 'zpool upgrade'.  Once this is done,
         the pool will no longer be accessible on older software
         versions.

Yes, noting the warning. So if you upgrade your root pool, you might not be able to boot a previous BE.

I don't recall now what all I might have done when the disks were
installed. I do remember that they were new WD 750GB sata drives and
were set up as a mirror, maybe 6 to 9 mnths ago..

I was then, and still am bumbling around with only rudimentary
knowledge of what I'm doing or what needs doing.
(There has been some knowledge improvement in those 6-9 mnts [I hope])

I don't think I really did any formatting at all.

It's the pool format that changes, not the disk format. Another overloaded and potentially confusing term!

--
Ian.