Even if it might not be the best technical solution, I think what a lot of
people are looking for when this comes up is a knob they can use to say "I only
want X IOPS per vdev" (in addition to low prioritization) to be used while
scrubbing. Doing so probably helps them feel more at ease that they have some
excess capacity on cpu and vdev if production traffic should come along.

That's probably a false sense of moderating resource usage when the current
"full speed, but lowest prioritization" is just as good and would finish
quicker.. but, it gives them peace of mind?