On Mar 18, 2010, at 14:23, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010, erik.ableson wrote:

Ditto on the Linux front. I was hoping that Solaris would be the exception, but no luck. I wonder if Apple wouldn't mind lending one of the driver engineers to OpenSolaris for a few months...

Perhaps the issue is the filesystem rather than the drivers. Apple users have different expectations regarding data loss than Solaris and Linux users do.

Apple users (of which I am one) expect things to Just Work. :)

And there are Apple users and Apple users:

http://daringfireball.net/2010/03/ode_to_diskwarrior_superduper_dropbox

If anyone Apple is paying attention, perhaps you could re-open discussions with now-Oracle about getting ZFS into Mac OS. :)