On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Edward Ned Harvey
<solar...@nedharvey.com>wrote:

> Out of curiosity, the more general solution would be the ability to create
> reservation on a per-user or per-group basis (just like you create quotas
> on
> a per-user or per-group basis).  Is this possible?

OpenSolaris's zfs has supported quotas for a little while, so make sure
you're using a recent build. I'm not sure if it's in Solaris 10, but I
believe it is.

Before quotas were supported, the answer was to create a new dataset per
user, eg: tank/home/user1, tank/home/user2, etc. It's easy to do in zfs, but
it doesn't always work for storage that is shared between users.

-B

--
Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com