Yeah, this morning I concluded I really should be running ECC ram. I sometimes
wonder why people people don't run ECC ram more frequently. I remember a decade
ago, when ram was much, much less dense, people fretted about alpha particles
randomly flipping bits, but that seems to have died down.

I know, of course, there is some added expense, but browsing on Newegg, the
additional RAM cost is pretty minimal. I see 2GB ECC sticks going for about $12
more than similar non-ECC sticks. It's the motherboards that can handle ECC
which are the expensive part. Now I've got to see what is a good motherboard
for a file server.