I have a similar problem that differs in a subtle way. I moved a zpool (single
disk) from one system to another. Due to my inexperience I did not import the
zpool but (doh!) 'zpool create'-ed it (I may also have used a -f somewhere in
there...)

Interestingly the script still gives me the old uberblocks but in this case the
first couple (lowest TXG's) are actually younger (later timestamp) than the
higher TXG ones. Obviously removing the highest TXG's will actually remove the
uberblocks I want to keep.

Is there a way to copy an uberblock over another one? Or could I perhaps remove
the low-TXG uberblocks instead of the high-TXG ones (and would that mean the
old pool becomes available again). Or are more things missing than just the
uberblocks and should I move to a file-based approach (on ZFS?)

Regards, Fred