On Wed, 14 Apr 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
It should be "safe" but chances are that your new 2TB disks are
considerably slower than the 1TB disks you already have.  This should
be as much cause for concern (or more so) than the difference in raidz
topology.

Not necessarily for a home server.  While mine so far is all mirrored
pairs of 400GB disks, I don't even think about "performance" issues, I
never come anywhere near the limits of the hardware.

I don't see how the location of the server has any bearing on required performance. If these 2TB drives are the new 4K sector variety, even you might notice.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn