7:51pm, Richard Jahnel wrote:

This sounds like the known issue about the dedupe map not fitting in ram.

When blocks are freed, dedupe scans the whole map to ensure each block is not
is use before releasing it. This takes a veeery long time if the map doesn't
fit in ram.

If you can try adding more ram to the system.
--

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to add more RAM any time soon. But I'm certainly going to try, as this is the primary backup server for our Oracle databases.

Thanks again,

Paul

PS It's got 8GB right now. You think doubling that to 16GB would cut it? Is there a way to see how big the map is, anyway?