MstAsg,

Is this the root pool disk?

I'm not sure I'm following what you want to do but I think you want
to attach a disk to create a mirrored configuration, then detach
the original disk.

If this is a ZFS root pool that contains the Solaris OS, then
following these steps:

1. Attach disk-2.

# zpool attach rpool disk-1 disk-2

2. Use the zpool status command to make sure the disk has resilvered
completely.

3. Apply the bootblocks to disk-2:

# installgrub /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/disk-2

4. Test that you can boot from disk-2.

5. Detach disk-1.

# zpool detach rpool disk-1

If this isn't the root pool, then you can skip steps 2-4.

Thanks,

Cindy