If I want to reduce the I/O accesses for example to SSD media on a laptop
and I don't plan to run any big applications is it safe to delete the swap file
?

How do I configure opensolairs to run without swap ?
I've tried 'swap -d /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap'
but 'swap -s' still shows the same amount of memory
allocated.

What happens with the /tmp file system when there is no swap device?
I suppose it could fill up the RAM and cause a crash if not limited.
Is there any other potential problem in running without swap?

Any suggestion would be appreciated
Thanks,