Hi Tim,

thanks for sharing your dedup experience. Especially for Virtualization, having
a good pool of experience will help a lot of people.

So you see a dedup ratio of 1.29 for two installations of Windows Server 2008 on
the same ZFS backing store, if I understand you correctly.

What dedup ratios do you see for the third, fourth and fifth server
installation?

Also, maybe dedup is not the only way to save space. What compression rate
do you get?

And: Have you tried setting up a Windows System, then setting up the next one
based on a ZFS clone of the first one?

Hope this helps,
   Constantin