> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> If something like this already exists, please let me know.  Otherwise,
> plan to:
>
> Create "zfshistory" command, written in python.  (open source, public,
> free)

So, I decided to rename this "zhist" and started a project on google code.
I'm not very far along yet, except, based on all the discussion in this
thread, have a very good idea how it should all be implemented.

Particular thanks to Richard Elling, whose in-depth discussion of path
renames and moves made me think a lot about implementation, and settle on
inode tracking.

If anyone would like to contribute, please let me know off-list.