> Zfs scrub needs to access all written data on all
> disks and is usually
> disk-seek or disk I/O bound so it is difficult to
> keep it from hogging
> the disk resources.  A pool based on mirror devices
> will behave much
> more nicely while being scrubbed than one based on
> RAIDz2.

Experience seconded entirely. I'd like to repeat that I think we need more
efficient load balancing functions in order to keep housekeeping payload
manageable. Detrimental side effects of scrub should not be a decision point
for choosing certain hardware or redundancy concepts in my opinion.

Regards,

Tonmaus