Ian: Of course they expected answers to those questions here.  It seems many

people do not read the forums or mailing list archives to see their
questions
previously asked (and answered) many many times over, or the flames that
erupt from them.  It's scary how much people don't check historical records
before asking questions.  As my Trinidadian friends would say, most of these

posters are "asking answers".

Autumn (if that is your real name), the short answer to the first question
is
"it will be released when it is released".  Read the archives.

The answer to the 2nd question is "we'll have to see what Oracle does
related to the community, so continue watching their behavior", followed
with "read the archives AGAIN".

Finally, "Autumn", the answer to the question about the direction of ZFS
is...
wait for it...read the bloody archives.

All of your questions have been asked and answered MULTIPLE times in
the past by far too many people who could have taken some time to just
read for the answer instead of exhibiting poor Netiquette by asking
questions
such as these.

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 19:20, Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> wrote:

> On 04/29/10 11:02 AM, autumn Wang wrote:
>
>> One quick question: When will the next formal release be released?
>>

> Of what?
>

>  Does oracle have plan to support OpenSolaris community as Sun did before?
>> What is the direction of ZFS in future?
>>

> Do you really expect answers to those question here?
>
> --
> Ian.

"You can choose your friends, you can choose the deals." - Equity Private

"If Linux is faster, it's a Solaris bug." - Phil Harman

Blog - http://whatderass.blogspot.com/
Twitter - @khyron4eva