On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Mary Ellen Fitzpatrick wrote:

> hecate:/zp-ext/test> zfs get sharenfs zp-ext/test/mfitzpat
[...]
> hecate:/zp-ext/test> chown -R mfitzpat:umass mfitzpat
[...]
> test            -rw,hard,intr   hecate:/zp-ext/test
[...]
> drwxr-xr-x+ 2 root root 2 Apr 29 11:15 mfitzpat

Unless I'm missing something, you chown'd the filesystem
zp-ext/test/mfitzpat but you mounted the filesystem zp-ext/test; hence
you're seeing the mount point for the mfitzpat filesystem in the
zp-ext/test filesystem over NFS, not the actual zp-ext/test/mfitzpat
filesystem.

Pending the availability of mirror mounts

(http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/download/Project+nfs-namespace/files/mm-PRS-open.html)

you need to mount each ZFS filesystem you're exporting via NFS separately.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu