I had created a virtualbox VM to test out opensolaris. I updated to latest dev
build and set my things up. Tested pools and various configs/commands. Learnt
format/partition etc.

And then, I wanted to move this stuff to a solaris partition on the physical
disk. VB provides physical disk access. I put my solaris partition in there and
created slices for root, swap etc. in that partition inside the OpenSolaris VM.

Created a pool called mypool on slice 0 of this solaris partition and did a zfs
send|recv of my rpool/ROOT and rpool/export into the mypool. Verified that the
data was correctly copied and mountpoints were set exactly like they are for
rpool.

Next, edited the files in /mypool/boot and /mypool/etc to use the new name
mypool instead of rpool in the signature. Edited the menu.list where findroot
now finds the root in (pool_mypool,2,a) instead of (pool_rpool,0,a) because on
physical disk, solaris partition is the 3rd primary partition.

Did a installgrub to slice 0 of the solaris partition.
Got out of the VM and booted my machine.
It correctly gives me the grub menu for opensolaris but when I select, it shows
the opensolaris splash, moves the bar a bit and sits there.

So, my questions:

1. How can turn the boot splash off to see what's going on underneath? ESC did
not work.
2. Is there a log inside the mypool root fs that I can look at from a
OpenSolaris livecd, which will give me more information about what happened?

I am scrubbing the pool from livecd now. Will appreciate your help!