Hello and good day,

I will have two OpenSolaris snv_134 storage servers both connected to a
SAS chassis with SAS disks used to store zpool data. One storage server
will be the active storage server and the other will be the passive fail
over storage server. Both servers will be able to access the same disks
in the SAS chassis. I am planning on having unique, non-shared, SSD
cache directly connected to each storage node to allow for better
performance when utilizing the cache SSDs.

Would having unique, non-shared, SSD cache directly connected to each
storage node's motherboard actually allow for better performance when
utilizing the cache SSDs? Or would having the SSD cache devices be
shared going through a shared controller yield just the same
performance?

If having unique, non-shared, SSD cache directly connected to each
storage node's motherboard actually yields better performance how would
a zpool import of a zpool utilizing the unique SSD cache devices work on
the passive, fail over storage node when a fail over happened? Would
OpenSolaris/ZFS use these directly connected cache devices automatically
or would we have to add these cache devices into the zpool? If there was
data on the cache devices on the active storage node and say the power
went out and fail over occurred would the data on the cache devices be
lost during a zpool import on the fail over node?

Also, if you would like any other details about this storage environment
to better provide myself and the list with insight to these questions
please just ask!

--
Thank you,
Preston Connors