On Sun, 6 Jun 2010, Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:

I mean I don't mind if I create or modify a file and it doesn't land
on disk because on unclean shutdown happened but a bunch of unrelated
files getting corrupted, is sort of painful to digest.

ZFS guarantees consistency in a redundant setup, but it looks like your pool only consists of one drive, meaning zero redundancy

This is not a true statement. Redundancy is not required for consistency. Consistency is assured by zfs writing transaction groups in order and commiting the data to disk prior to transitioning to the next transaction group. If the disk fails to sync its cache and writes data out of order (data from multiple transaction groups), then zfs loses consistency.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn