I split a mirror to reconfigure and recopy it. I detached one drive,
reconfigured it ... all after unplugging the remaining pool drive during a
shutdown to verify no accidents could happen.

Later, I tried to import the original pool from the drive (now plugged back
in), only to be greeted with FAULTED - label is missing or invalid.

zdb -l shows all four labels on the disk... although it shows both original
drives in it, which is odd.

Is there any way to recover from this scenario?

Various permutations of import -Ff does nothing.

The data is all replaceable, but requires an annoying lengthy process to
recreate. I'd like to regain my confidence in ZFS more than anything else. :)

Thanks!