Andrew,

Looks like the zpool is telling you the devices are still doing work of some kind, or that there are locks still held.

From man of section 2 intro page the errors are listed. Number 16 looks to be an EBUSY.

     16 EBUSY                Device busy

                             An attempt was made to mount a  dev-
                             ice  that  was already mounted or an
                             attempt was made to unmount a device
                             on  which  there  is  an active file
                             (open   file,   current   directory,
                             mounted-on  file,  active  text seg-
                             ment). It  will  also  occur  if  an
                             attempt is made to enable accounting
                             when it  is  already  enabled.   The
                             device or resource is currently una-
                             vailable.   EBUSY is  also  used  by
                             mutexes, semaphores, condition vari-
                             ables, and r/w  locks,  to  indicate
                             that   a  lock  is held,  and by the
                             processor      control      function
                             P_ONLINE.

On 06/28/10 01:50 PM, Andrew Jones wrote:
Just re-ran 'zdb -e tank' to confirm the CSV1 volume is still exhibiting error
16:

<snip>
Could not open tank/CSV1, error 16
<snip>

Considering my attempt to delete the CSV1 volume lead to the failure in the
first place, I have to think that if I can either 1) complete the deletion of
this volume or 2) roll back to a transaction prior to this based on logging or
3) repair whatever corruption has been caused by this partial deletion, that I
will then be able to import the pool.

What does 'error 16' mean in the ZDB output, any suggestions?

--
Geoff Shipman | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Phone: +13034644710