I have a couple of systems running 2009.06 that hang on relatively large zfs
send/recv jobs.  With the -v option, I see the snapshots coming across, and at
some point the process just pauses, IO and CPU usage go to zero, and it takes a
hard reboot to get back to normal.  The same script running against the same
data doesn't hang on 2008.05.

There are maybe 100 snapshots, 200GB of data total.  Just trying to send to a
blank external USB drive in one case, and in the other, I'm restoring from a
USB drive to a local drive, but the behavior is the same.

I see that others have had a similar problem, but there doesn't seem to be any
answers -

https://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=384540
http://www.mail-archive.com/zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org/msg34493.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org/msg37158.html

I'd like to stick with a "released" version of OpenSolaris, so I'm hoping that
the answer isn't to switch to the dev repository and pull down b134.