Hi Folks..

I have a system that was inadvertently left unmirrored for root. We were able to add a mirror disk, resilver, and fix the corrupted files (nothing very interesting was corrupt, whew), but zpool status -v still shows errors..

Will this self correct when we replace the degraded disk and resilver? Or is there something else that I'm not finding that I need to do to clean up?

This is Solaris 10 u8, zpool v15
15:52:50 catalina(34)> sudo zpool status -v
  pool: zroot
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
scrub: resilver completed after 0h48m with 15 errors on Mon Jul 12 15:41:50 2010
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        zroot         DEGRADED    18     0     0
          mirror      DEGRADED    44     0    23
            c1t1d0s2  DEGRADED    74     0    23  too many errors
            c1t0d0s2  ONLINE       0     0    67  29.8G resilvered

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        zroot/packages:<0xad58>
        zroot/packages:<0x11477>
        zroot/packages:<0x2531d>
        <0x6e>:<0xc0f2>
        <0x6e>:<0xce68>
        <0x6e>:<0x28d9f>
        <0x6e>:<0x2b5c1>
        <0x76>:<0x17369>
        <0x86>:<0x11fda>
        <0x86>:<0x13253>
        <0x86>:<0x13346>
        <0x86>:<0x33ed3>
        <0x86>:<0x38fcd>
        <0x86>:<0x39007>
15:53:04 catalina(35)>

Thanks for any suggestions. The system is in another city, so I can't quickly test replacing the disk and see what happens..

Kris

--

Kris Kasner
Qualcomm Inc.