On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 05:05:41PM +0100, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
> Linder, Doug wrote:
> >Out of sheer curiosity - and I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering
> >- how does ZFS make money for Oracle when they don't charge for it?  Do
> >you think it's such an important feature that it's a big factor in
> >customers picking Solaris over other platforms?
> >

> Yes, it is one of many significant factors in customers choosing Solaris
> over other OS's.
> Having chosen Solaris, customers then tend to buy Sun/Oracle systems to
> run it on.

2x hit the nail on the head. But only if one doesn't have to sell
its kingdom to get recommended/security patches. Otherwise the windooze
nerds take over ...

Regards,
jel.
--
Otto-von-Guericke University     http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/
Department of Computer Science   Geb. 29 R 027, Universitaetsplatz 2