Hi all,

I currently have four drives in my OpenSolaris box.  The drives are split into
two mirrors, one mirror containing my rpool (disks 1 & 2) and one containing
other data (disks 2 & 3).

I'm running out of space on my data mirror and am thinking of upgrading it to
two 2TB disks. I then considered replacing disk 2 with a 2TB disk and making a
RAIDz from the three new drives.

I know this would leave my rpool vulnerable to hard drive failure, but I've got
no data on it that can't be replaced with a reinstall.

Can this be done easily?  Or will I have to transfer all of my data to another
machine and build the RAIDz from scratch, then transfer the data back?

Thanks for any advice,
Ben