On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Orvar Korvar <
knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there any drawbacks to partition a SSD in two parts and use L2ARC on
> one partition, and ZIL on the other? Any thoughts?
> --

It's not going to be as good as having separate but i can tell you that i
did this on my home system and it was WELL worth it.

I used one of the sandforce 1500 based SSD's 50 gb

i used 9 gb for ZIL, and the rest for L2ARC.   adding the zil gave me about
400-500% nfs write performance.   Seeing as you can't ever use more than
half your ram for ZIL anyways, the only real downside to doing this is that
i/o becomes split between zil and L2arc but realistically it depends on your
workload....for mine, i noticed a HUGE benefit from doing this.