Cindy,

Thanks for the quick response.  Consulting ZFS history I note the following
actions:

"imported" my three disk raid-z pool originally created on the most "recent"
version of OpenSolaris but now running NexantaStor 3.03
"upgraded" my pool
"destroyed" two file systems I was no longer using (neither of these were of
course the file system at issue)
"destroyed" a snapshot on another filesystem
played around with permissions (these were my only actions directly on the
file system)

None of these actions seemed to have a negative impact on the filesystem and
it was working well when I gracefully shutdown (to physically move the
computer).

I am a bit at a loss.  With copy-on-write and a clean pool how can I have
corruption?

-brian

--
Brian Merrell, Director of Technology