On Aug 12, 2010, at 7:03 PM, valrh...@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone bought one of these cards recently? It seems to list for
> around $170 at various places, which seems like quite a decent deal. But
> no well-known reputable vendor I know seems to sell these, and I want to
> be able to have someone backing the sale if something isn't perfect.
> Where do you all recommend buying this card from?

I put something very similar in -- same number with an 'i' suffix instead
of the 'e'.  I remember seeing both existed at the time, and that the i
was what I needed.  I'm using SATA cables, and no expanders (each cable
goes directly to a drive), maybe the 'e' has more advanced features (that
I knew I didn't need).

I can't imagine the retailer would be of any value for support on such a
card; perhaps, in the worst case, they  might possibly take it back.
Selling it on Ebay is often more profitable, since the buyer pays shipping
:-).
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info