Gary Mills wrote:
If this information is correct,

    http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=133043

further development of ZFS will take place behind closed doors.
Opensolaris will become the internal development version of Solaris
with no public distributions.  The community has been abandoned.
It was a community of system administrators and nearly no developers. While this may make big news the real impact is probably pretty small. Source code updates will get tossed over the fence and developer partners (Intel) will still have access to onnv-gate.

In a way i see this as a very good thing. It will not *force* the existing (small) community of companies and developers to band together to actually work together. From there the real open source momentum can happen instead of everyone depending on Sun/Oracle to give them a free lunch. The first step that I've been adamant about is making it easier for developers to play and get their hands on it.. If "we" can enable that it'll swing things around regardless of what mega-corp does or doesn't do...

Just my 0.02$

./C