I look after an x4500 for a client and wee keep getting drives marked as degraded with just over 20 checksum errors.

Most of these errors appear to be driver or hardware related and thier frequency increases during a resilver, which can lead to a death spiral. The increase in errors within a vdev during a resilver (I recently had three drives in an 8 drive raidz vdev "degraded") points to high read activity triggering the bug.

I would like to raise threshold for marking a drive degraded to give me more time to spot and clear the checksum errors. Is this possible?

--
Ian.