A bit of googling pointed to your motherboard having an ICH10R chipset.  One
person seems to think a BIOS update will support >2TB drives.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263509-30-gigabyte-ep45-ud3p-ich10r-raid-drives-working

--
Cameron Hanover
chano...@umich.edu

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they
catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener,
runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your
people will never be destroyed.