On 21-Aug-10, at 3:06 PM, Ross Walker wrote:

On Aug 21, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Bill Sommerfeld <bill.sommerf...@oracle.com > wrote:

On 08/21/10 10:14, Ross Walker wrote:
Would I be better off forgoing resiliency for simplicity, putting all my faith into the Equallogic to handle data resiliency?

IMHO, no; the resulting system will be significantly more brittle.

Exactly how brittle I guess depends on the Equallogic system.

If you don't let zfs manage redundancy, Bill is correct: it's a more fragile system that *cannot* self heal data errors in the (deep) stack. Quantifying the increased risk, is a question that Richard Elling could probably answer :)

--Toby

-Ross