I have been running some large VirtualBox guest images on OpenSolaris (b134) -
and have on three occasions had my zpool develop unrecoverable errors. The
corruption developed in the VirtualBox disk image files. These are large files
with intense activity- so better chance of seeing errors I suppose.

The configuration is Asus M4A785T-M motherboard (AMD SB710 SATA controller). I
am using two mirrored 1.5 TB drives from different manufacturers (WD EADS Green
Power, and  Seagate black drive).

fmdump shows both drives experiencing zfs checksum errors at the same time
(which is I suppose why zfs can't repair the corruption).

I have  8 GB of non ecc RAM. I have run memcheck on the box for about 16 hours
and have not seen any errors reported.  When I am running this approx 5 GB of
RAM would be assigned to VirtualBox.

Is this likely a RAM error? Are there any known problems with the SATA
controller that could cause this?

Suggestions welcome

Warren