[b]Short Version[/b]
I used zpool add instead of zpool replace while trying to move drives from an
si3124 controller card.  I can backup the data to other drives and destroy the
pool, but would prefer not to since it involved around 4 tb of data and will
take forever.
[b]zpool add mypool c4t2d0[/b]
instead of
[b]zpool replace mypool c2t1d0 c4t2d0[/b]

no data has been written to the array since I did this.

[b]Long Version[/b]
I recently setup an OpenSolaris server as a file server in my home.  This is a
replacement for my previous system, a windows box, that had a problematic Perc
5 / raid 5 card.  The last time the raid array on my windows server went
offline (The device returned a Code 10 Error under the windows driver), I broke
down and bought the components for its replacement.

Unfortunately, the replacement system I purchased included an Si3124 card,
which I did not realize has a driver issue under solaris.  I had another raid
card that works under solaris, but does not support JBOD, so I started creating
raid 0 drives and moving them over one disk at a time, but I screwed up with
the second drive and issued the following command
[b]zpool add mypool c4t0d2[/b]
 I should have done a replace (what I did last time).  Unfortunately, I cannot
figure out how to remove the drive from the pool now.

My pool has 8 2tb drives in raidz2.

zpool status returned

        mypool        DEGRADED     0     0     0
        -  raidz2-0  DEGRADED     0     0     0
        -  -    c2t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c2t1d0  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
        -  -    c4t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c2t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c3t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c3t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c3t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
        -  -    c3t3d0  ONLINE      0     0     0
        -  c4t2d0    ONLINE       0     0     0

Am I screwed and needing to destroy and recreate it?  While not the end of the
world, it would take a fair amount of time, and I would rather not.

This server mainly hosts the video files for a media center PC.  The si3124
pauses every 5 or 10 seconds, which reduces throughput from 40-50 MB/s to
2-3MB/s and interrupts the data stream long enough to make videos unplayable.