> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Brad
>
> Hi!  I'd been scouring the forums and web for admins/users who deployed
> zfs with compression enabled on Oracle backed by storage array luns.
> Any problems with cpu/memory overhead?

I don't think your question is clear.  What do you mean "on oracle backed by
storage luns?"

Do you mean "on oracle hardware?"
Do you mean you plan to run oracle database on the server, with ZFS under
the database?

Generally speaking, you can enable compression on any zfs filesystem, and
the cpu overhead is not very big, and the compression level is not very
strong by default.  However, if the data you have is generally
uncompressible, any overhead is a waste.